ESHED® is a new generation plant extract-based product that is used as a preventative or curative in treating bacterial diseases in shrimp and fish culture.
ESHED® can be used as a water conditioner in earlier stages of growth in fish and shrimp, or as a feed additive in advanced growth stages (such as post larvae).
Characteristics & Advantages
- Treats and prevents bacterial and fungal diseases.
- Treats protozoa which helps keep high water quality.
- Helps improve food digestion processes, improving water quality.
- Suitable for all growing environments, including land-based ponds and raceway
- Provides successful management of water quality in hatcheries and ponds.
- Generates a big advantage in growth and survival rate and reduces FCR.
- The product is a ready to use formula, easily added to water or oil.
- Contains non-toxic ingredients and safe for the environment, fish and other marine life.
- Bio-filter friendly especially for close systems.
- Can be used in a combination with Organic Acids or other essential oils.
Novel mode of action
- When ESHED® is ingested by the shrimp or applied directly to water, it causes quorum quenching, rupture of quorum sensing.
- Prevents the development of the pathogen’s biofilm, which abolishes bacterial infection by interfering with microbial cell-to-cell communication.
- Acts synergistically with organic acids.
Lower dosage used for preventative action.
Higher doses can be used as curative.
ESHED® can be applied as a water conditioner or as a feed additive, depending on the local needs of the farm.
Michal Torten, STK Aqua Product Manager can be reached at MichalT@stk-ag.com