SHUNIT® is an entirely new concept of high efficacy and sustainability techniques that can be used by fin fish and crustacean farmers.
SHUNIT® is a new generation of sedatives, based on plant extract for handling procedures, such as sorting, injecting, measuring and spawning.
CHARACTERISTICS & ADVANTAGES
- Tranquillizes fish and shrimp prior to and during handling.
- Reduces stress during treatment and harvesting.
- Improves efficiency in vaccination and biopsy procedures.
- Easy to administer… easily dissolved in water… eliminates need for solvents.
- Rapidly anesthetizes with minimum hyperactivity or stress with safe recovery and return to activity.
- Provides adequate immobilization and analgesia with a wide margin of safety.
- Exhibits superb effects both in marine and freshwater species.
- Leaves no residues in the water or in the animal’s meat.
- Safe for the environment.
MODE OF ACTION
SHUNIT® modulates glutamatergic and GABAergic transmission in the central nervous system.
SHUNIT® creates a safer handling environment for the animals, greatly reducing strain factors.
- Lower doses for light sedation.
- Higher doses for rapid and deep anaesthesia.
The following is a partial list of common procedures in which SHUNIT® effectively improves performance and reduces mortalities:
- Fish harvest
- Fish vaccination
- Fish measurement and tagging
- Live fish transportation
- Health management
- Broodstock management
Michal Torten, STK Aqua Product Manager can be reached at MichalT@stk-ag.com